North Luffenham Household Waste and Recycling Centre will reopen for essential waste from Tuesday 19 May 2020. The site will be open six days a week (Tuesday to Sunday), from 10am to 4pm. Waste should only be brought to the site if it cannot be stored safely at home or disposed of in other legitimate ways.
Wherever possible, we are asking people to continue using weekly kerbside waste and recycling collections, our Bulky Waste Collection Service or hold on to bulk waste for a few more weeks.
A number of special measures will be in place to maintain social distancing and run the site safely. These include:
- A temporary road closure and one-way system between Pilton crossroads and the village of Morcott. No access to North Luffenham HWRC from the direction of Morcott. Access will be maintained for residents
- A maximum of four vehicles unloading on-site at a time, with no more than two persons per vehicle
- Visitors must observe social distancing and stay two metres away from each other and site staff at all times
- The site will close for 15 minutes at 12.00pm, 2.00pm and 4.00pm each day so that it can be cleaned
- No trailers will be accepted on-site because of the need to move vehicles in and out as quickly as possible
- Visitors are asked to pre-sort their waste and separate out materials like metal, wood and plastics before traveling to the site
- Staff at the site will provide instructions but cannot help to unload or put waste items into containers
- Please see the attached frequently asked questions