- Community Centre
Leicestershire Police – 101 is now the number to call when you want to contact your local police – when it’s less urgent than 999
Leicstershire Fire and Rescue Service – 0116 287 2241 (if not urgent)
Western Power Distribution – for emergencies call 0800 6783105
British Gas – for emergencies call 0800 111 999
- Severn Trent Water – for emergencies call 0800 783 4444
- Anglian Water – for emergencies call 0800 771 881
- Stamford & Rutland Hospital, Stamford – 01780 764151
- Rutland Memorial Hospital, Oakham – 01572 722552
- Peterborough City Hospital, Peterborough – 01733 678000
- Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester – 0300 303 1573
- NHS 111 online, Information and Advice – 111
- Peterborough City Hospital – 24 Hr
- Leicester Royal Infirmary – 24 Hr
- Stamford & Rutland Hospital – Minor Injuries 9am – 5pm, weekdays only
- Rutland Memorial, Oakham – Minor Injuries 9am – 5pm, weekdays only
The village is served by two rural practices:
Empingham Medical Centre
- Appointments & all enquiries – 01780 460202 – option 2
- Emergencies (Out Of Hours) – 111
- Dispensary – 01780 460202 – option 1
Surgery Opening Times
- Open Monday to Friday: 8:00am – 6:30pm
Dispensary Opening Time
- Monday to Friday: 8:35am – 6:30pm
Repeat Prescription Line Opening Time
- Monday to Friday: 9:00am – 1:00pm
The Uppingham Surgery
- Appointments – 01572 823531
- Repeat Prescriptions – 01572 820123
- Monday – Friday: 8:30am – 6:00pm
North Luffenham Little Saints Pre-School is located at the The Community Centre and is open from 9am to 3.30pm. Wrap around care available from 7.50am-6.00pm. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01780 720184.
A Day Nursery is run at Keepers Cottage, Luffenham Road, Ketton 01780 721880.
Rutland County Council School Admissions page: www.rutland.gov.uk/my-services/schools-education-and-learning/school-admissions
The St Mary & St John CEVA Primary School is a Church of England Primary School and also has a Community Centre which serves a number of villages.
The school can be contacted on 01780 720184 or via email@example.com.
State secondary education is provided by Uppingham Community College, Catmose College in Oakham, and Casterton College in Great Casterton.
Post 16 education is provided by Harrington College.
There are independent schools in Oakham, Stamford and Uppingham.
The Parish Church of St John the Baptist is one of a group of 10 Churches which make up the Rutland Water Benefice in the Diocese of Peterborough.
All the services are published in a monthly Parish Magazine which is delivered to every house in the village.
The main Methodist church is at Barn Hill, Stamford. The Roman Catholic Church is St Joseph in Oakham.
The Community Centre is used by a number of groups during the week. The Community Centre can be hired for social events on application to the School Secretary on 01780 720184 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member of Parliament
The Parliamentary Constituency is “Rutland and Melton” and the MP is the Rt. Hon Alan Duncan, Conservative.
County Councillors for the Normanton Ward are:
- Kenneth Bool (Conservative)
- Gale Waller (Liberal Democrat)
Rutland County Council offices are at Catmose, Oakham – 01572 722577
(website: www.rutland.gov.uk )
Edith Weston Village Shop and Post Office
Located at the end of Jubilee Close, off Church Lane in Edith Weston.
Providing convenience foods, freshly baked bread, newspapers, fresh flowers, etc…
Monday to Friday: 7:15am – 6pm
Saturday: 8am – 6pm
Sunday: 8:30 am – 12:30pm
Tel: 01780 722164