- Public Transport
- Community Centre
Leicestershire Police – 101 is now the number to call when you want to contact your local police – when it’s less urgent than 999
Leicstershire Fire and Rescue Service – 0116 287 2241 (if not urgent)
Western Power Distribution – for emergencies call 0800 6783105
British Gas – for emergencies call 0800 111 999
- Severn Trent Water – for emergencies call 0800 783 4444
- Anglian Water – for emergencies call 0800 771 881
- Stamford & Rutland Hospital, Stamford – 01780 764151
- Rutland Memorial Hospital, Oakham – 01572 722552
- Peterborough City Hospital, Peterborough – 01733 678000
- Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester – 0300 303 1573
- Glenfield General Hospital, Leicester – 0300 303 1573
- NHS Direct, Information and Advice – 0845 46 47
- Peterborough City Hospital – 24 Hr
- Leicester Royal Infirmary – 24 Hr
- Stamford & Rutland Hospital – Minor Injuries 9 – 5
The village is served by two rural practices:
- Appointments – 01780 460627
- Enquiries and Day Time Emergencies – 01780 460202
- Emergencies (Out Of Hours) – 0845 0450411
- Dispensary – 01780 460003
Surgery Opening Times
- Open Monday to Friday: 8:30am – 6:30pm
- Saturday: 8:00am – 11:00am (Pre-booked only)
Dispensary Opening Time
- Monday to Friday: 8:35am – 6:30pm
Repeat Prescription Line Opening Time
- Monday to Friday: 8:35am – 4:00pm
- Appointments – 01572 823531
- Repeat Prescriptions – 01572 820123
- Barrowden Branch – 01572 747433
- Ketton Branch – 01780 720203
Uppingham Opening Times
- Monday – Thursday: 8:15am – 6:00pm
- Friday: 8:15am – 5:00pm
Barrowden Opening Times
- Monday: 08:30am – 11:30am (Nurse Lead), 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Wednesday 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Thursday 8:30am – 11:30am (Nurse Lead)
- Friday 8:30am – 11:30am
Ketton Opening Times
- Monday: 8:30 – 11:30am
- Tuesday: 3:00 – 5:00pm
- Friday: 8:30 – 11:00 am (Nurse Lead)
North Luffenham Pre-School is located at the The Community Centre and runs Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 12:00pm, call 01780 720184 or email email@example.com.
A Day Nursery is run at Keepers Cottage, Luffenham Road, Ketton 01780 721880.
The St Mary & St John CEVA Primary School is a Church of England Primary School and also a Community Centre which serves a number of villages.
The Headmaster can be contacted on 01780 720184 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
The School provides extended school activities each day as follows:
- Breakfast Club : 7.50am – 8.50am (charge – £4.00 per session)
- After School Clubs : 3.30pm – 5.00pm (refreshments provided for all children from 3.30pm – 4.00pm. Charge – £4.50 per session)
- Sandwich Club : 3.30pm – 5.00pm (refreshments as above – charge £4.50 per session)
- Twilight Zone : 5.00pm – 6.00pm (charge – £4.00 per session)
Post 16 education is provided by Rutland County College.
North Luffenham has a no. 12 bus service which runs every 2 hours between Uppingham & Stamford. Please visit the Rutland County Council local bus services for more information on the routes and timetables.
All the services are published in a monthly Parish Magazine which is delivered to every house in the village.
The Community Centre is used by a number of groups during the week. The Community Centre can be hired for social events on application to the School Secretary on 01780 720184 or via email@example.com.
Member of Parliament
County Councillors for the Normanton Ward are:
- Kenneth Bool (Conservative)
- Gale Waller (Liberal Democrat)
Rutland County Council offices are at Catmose, Oakham – 01572 722577
(website: www.rutland.gov.uk )
Edith Weston village shop and Post Office
Located at the end of Jubilee Close, off Church Lane in Edith Weston.
Providing convenience foods, freshly baked bread, newspapers, fresh flowers, etc…
Monday to Friday: 7:15am – 6pm
Saturday: 8am – 6pm
Sunday: 0830 am – 12.30pm
Tel: 01780 722164