NORTH LUFFENHAM PARISH COUNCIL APPOINTMENT OF CLERK AND RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER (RFO) TO THE COUNCIL
A challenging and interesting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced, enthusiastic and competent individual to be appointed as Clerk and RFO to North Luffenham Parish Council. The successful candidate will be required to work from home and will be provided with a laptop, software and printer.
The salary is in accordance with nationally based terms and conditions and is currently under review, however it is currently within the range of £9.39-£11.41 per hour (dependant upon experience) for currently 10 hours per week – this is under review.
Responsibilities of the post include:
- Advising Parish Council of policy issues and proper procedures
- All Parish Council administration and correspondence.
- Arranging meetings, compiling agendas and producing the minutes of meetings.
- Managing financial records, monitoring and reconciling the accounts, preparing accounts for audit.
The Parish Council is sole Trustee of the North Luffenham Field Gardens and Recreation Ground Charity and the Clerk would be responsible for dealing with all administration in connection with this.
You will need to be able to work flexibly, and attendance at evening meetings is essential. Some knowledge of council procedure is an advantage but essential training will be provided. In addition, support can be provided for further training towards the Certificate of Local Council Administration.
Applicants must have:
- Experience of administration and financial management with sound word processing and spreadsheet management skills.
- Ability to work to own initiative and to work with volunteers to achieve the Council’s objectives.
- Good numeracy, oral and written communication skills
Please call Parish Council Chairman: Paul Cummings on 01780 720124 or email email@example.com for job description, personal specification and further details.
Applications in the form of a CV and covering letter are invited by 16th Mar 18 and should be sent to:
PBG Cummings, Chair North Luffenham Parish Council, 11 Digby Drive, North Luffenham, Rutland, LE15 8JS
Closing date for applications: 16th Mar 18
Interview dates: 3rd-5th Apr 18
Clerk commencement date: 21st Apr 18 (or earlier by negotiation)
Download Parish Clerk/RFO Job Description