A challenging and interesting opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced, enthusiastic and competent individual to be appointed as Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to North Luffenham Parish Council. The successful candidate will be required to work from home and will be provided with a laptop, software and printer.
The salary is in accordance with nationally based terms and conditions and is currently £10.62 per hour. Hours of work: 11 hours per week.
Responsibilities of the post include:
- Advising Parish Council of policy issues and proper procedure.
- All Parish Council administration and correspondence.
- Arranging meetings, compiling agendas and producing the minutes of meetings.
- Managing financial records, monitoring and reconciling the accounts, preparing accounts for audit.
The Parish Council is sole Trustee of the North Luffenham Field Gardens and Recreation Ground Charity and the Clerk would be responsible for dealing with all administration in connection with this.
You will need to be able to work flexibly, and attendance at evening meetings is essential. Some knowledge of council procedure is an advantage but essential training will be provided. In addition, support can be provided for further training towards the Certificate of Local Council Administration.
Applicants must have:
- Experience of administration and financial management with sound word processing and spreadsheet management skills.
- Ability to work to own initiative and to work with volunteers to achieve the Council’s objectives.
- Good numeracy, oral and written communication skills
Please call Parish Council Chairman: Tim Smith on 01780 360083 or email email@example.com for job description, person specification and further details.
Applications in the form of a CV and covering letter are invited by Friday 26th March 2021 and should be sent to:
Tim Smith, Chair NLPC, The Old Poor Barn, 6a Church Street, North Luffenham, LE15 8JR
Closing date for applications: 26th March 2021
Interview dates: w/c 11th April 2021
Clerk commencement date: 3rd May 2021